Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Beginnings Of A Blogger Newbie


Finally, I caved in. I thought I was going to settle with the simple perks of micro-blogging. But as life would have it, I go in search for something else, something that will allow me to do more than the usual image/photo bookmarking and what not. Ahh, now to get the old, dusty writing skills bag out from the basement. Don't get me wrong I love arts, mainly performing arts. But when I try to jump right into it and be all Picasso and shit, it literally looks like shit. I mean even just taking a simple picture, it takes a good eye to have a shot that one can call artistry. My shots? Either the focus, lighting or the likes are effin' off or just a complete and utter 'meh'. With so much ideas running on my head right now, screw it. I'm going full speed ahead.

Just to get myself set on the right foot, I went on to read more about blogging. An overwhelming amount of information hit me face straight-on. Blogging is not for the faint of heart, and to create one that's actually successful is a different story. I found one guide on writing blog posts that says it all - make it short but sweet, write on topics that people can relate to but still staying true to yourself, keep your blog posts appropriate, link all social network accounts, don't get muddled in plagiarism, and importantly - stay damn entertaining.

Exciting how this is the very first blog post for me. Then I realized, what the hell should I write? Should I just rant and go crazy on writing about myself? What about writing on controversial trends that could flip one's wig off? Or should I write about how much I'm missing my husband? Probably the latter won't get me needed nods or drive enough traffic to establish how great my blog posts will be. Whether or not reading my personal introspection will actually be your worthwhile, I'd like to drive you in to what I think is a roller coaster life. The vow of being a wife, lifestyle of a young mom, being an early childhood educator, the stars of an local TV entertainer,  ways in a hockey-plagued city, and the on-going quest for good eats. I hope no one else finds their selves being stuck in dullsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest Follow Button

mommysgonecray